Wig glue is an adhesive to secure the scalp’s wigs or hairpieces. It can be made from various materials, including latex, silicone, or acrylic. It is available in transparent and opaque forms and can be applied directly to the hairpiece or the skin.
Benefits of wig glue
Wig glue has several benefits, making it an ideal choice for securing wigs and hairpieces. It is incredibly long-lasting, keeping your wig in place all day long. It is also water resistant, so you don’t have to worry about it coming loose in the rain or during humid weather. Additionally, wig glue is invisible once it dries so that it won’t be noticeable to others.
Side effects of wig glue?
While wig glue is generally safe to use, you should be aware of a few potential side effects. First, it is possible to develop an allergy to the adhesive, which can cause itching, redness, and swelling. If you undergo these symptoms, discontinue use immediately and see a doctor. Additionally, wig glue can damage the hair follicles if not removed correctly. This can lead to bald spots or thinning hair.
Complications of wig glue
1. Allergic reaction: as mentioned above, some people may be allergic to the ingredients in wig glue, which can cause itching, redness, and swelling.
2. Damage to hair follicles: Wig glue is not removed correctly. It can damage the hair follicles, leading to bald spots or thinning hair.
3. Skin irritation: some people may experience skin irritation from the adhesive, especially if it is not removed correctly. This can cause redness, itching, and swelling.
4. Infection: if the wound caused by the removal of wig glue is not adequately cleaned and disinfected, it could become infected. Signs and symptoms of an infection include redness, swelling, pain, and pus.
5. Eye irritation: if the adhesive gets into your eyes, it can cause irritation, redness, and tearing. If you experience any of these symptoms, immediately flush your eyes with water and see a doctor.
Now that you know all about the benefits, side effects and complications of wig glue, you can make an informed decision about whether or not it is right for you.
Don’t forget to tag us at @Superhairpieces and #Superhairpieces on your social media channels to get a shoutout! And make sure to like us on Facebook, follow on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel!